Can’t Establish a Wi-Fi Connection on My Chromecast
Everybody’s favorite streaming device, Google Chromecast, allows you to enjoy every streaming content you can think of. From Netflix and Hulu to YouTube streaming video, you are just a tap away on your smartphone. It usually sits connected to your TV at home, but it’s also the perfect tool for the weary road warrior that likes to binge watch shows at hotels.
But sometimes it doesn’t stay this easy. Many users complain that their Chromecast won’t connect to WiFi. This may have multiple causes:
- Chromecast is not plugged in correctly
- Google Chromecast setup needs to be run
- WiFi network band is not supported by your Chromecast
- There’s a login page to access the WiFi – e.g. in hotels
- Defective network equipment
When your Chromecast won’t connect to WiFi, you should first follow Google’s troubleshooter. This should get you out of trouble. Unfortunately it may not be able to save you the time spent on configuring your Chromecast.
The biggest limitation and time consuming activity is when you change Chromecast WiFi connection each time you’re connecting to a different WiFi network. If you are frequently on the go, this can make the Chromecast almost too much trouble to bother with.
However, we have the perfect solution to make it easy and save time. Read below to find out the solution to apply if your Chromecast won’t connect to WiFi.
Turn Your PC into a Virtual Router for Your Chromecast. Set It and Forget It!
The Connectify Hotspot software app allows you to share your Windows laptop’s wifi connection with your other devices. This makes it the perfect solution when Chromecast won’t connect to WiFi.
That’s because you can use your Connectify Hotspot as a middleman for the Chromecast. The first time you use Chromecast with your Connectify Hotspot you will have to setup Chromecast with your PC. But, every time after that, all you need to do is open up your laptop and turn on your Connectify Hotspot. Your Chromecast will recognize the Connectify connection and you’ll enjoy streaming video.
Connectify Hotspot makes your Chromecast plug and play, even if you are staying a different hotel every night.
You might also be interested in...
Forget About Chromecast Not Connecting to WiFi. Set It Up with Your PC Once and for All.
Here are a few easy steps you can take to make sure that you can enjoy your Chromecast anywhere. All with the help of the Connectify Hotspot virtual router software app.
- Setup your Chromecast with your PC running Connectify Hotspot. You only need to connect your Chromecast to your Connectify Hotspot once. Save time and frustration by setting it up the first time. The Chromecast will remember your Connectify Hotspot SSID and password.
- Use a tablet or smartphone to adjust the settings on your Chromecast. Sometimes when your streaming device is connected to your Connectify Hotspot on your laptop, it will not easily let you change Chromecast WiFi settings from the same laptop. The easiest workaround for this Chromecast issue is to simply use your phone to adjust the settings.
- Don’t change your SSID or password. Your Chromecast is using the SSID and password you set for the Connectify Hotspot to identify your laptop as a valid Internet connection If you make any changes to the SSID or password, you may have to completely set up the Chromecast again.
What Else Do I Get From My Hotspot when Using Connectify?
Most software apps that ‘help’ you create a WiFi hotspot do it without bridging. This means that clients that join your hotspot don’t get real IP addresses from the network they’re extending. They can get on the Internet through the hotspot, but they’re not really on the network to do any peer-to-peer networking:
- Game consoles will report NAT problems,
- Chromecast apps won’t find your Chromecast,
- your Apple TV won’t show up for your Mac to stream to… the list goes on.
- Mobile hotspot functionality: turn your laptop into a WiFi hotspot with the only software app that works on all Windows versions!
- Easily bridge other devices onto your home network with WiFi Bridging Mode: eliminate all game consoles (Nintendo, Playstation, Xbox) and smart TV issues with your home WiFi network!
- Save money while traveling: Get all devices online for the price of one when being charged for Internet per device at hotels, on airplanes, etc.
- Share any type of Internet connection with all your devices: share Internet from existing WiFi networks, LAN, DSL, 3G/4G, even tethered smartphones! You can even share VPN connections via WiFi so all your devices are protected.
Download Connectify Hotspot on your laptop for free. Forget about Chromecast not being able to connect to WiFi and enjoy your streaming videos!
Share this Post