Extend WiFi Range Outside Your Home and Between Buildings
The most common way people extend their WiFi range outside is using networking hardware equipment. These include WiFi extenders and routers you have to place in the middle of the area you want to get coverage on.
There’s a more simple, flexible and cost effective alternative on how to extend WiFi range outside. You can just use a virtual router app with WiFi repeater functionalities on your laptop!
WiFi range extender software uses your computer’s WiFi adapter. It boosts the signal it gets from a WiFi network to your other devices. See below to see how to extend WiFi range outside.
Why Extend Your WiFi Outdoors Using WiFi Repeater Software
Need to extend WiFi range outside? Here are just a few benefits of a WiFi extender app, when compared to WiFi extenders made by Netgear, TP-Link and other device manufacturers:
- You get the same performance, if not better. All modern WiFi adapters, including the ones embedded into laptops, have similar performance to dedicated hardware.
- No more incompatibility issue. The WiFi extender app is compatible with all WiFi networks. It will generate a wireless network that will be accessible to all devices.
- More flexibility. Use your laptop as a WiFi extender outside and wherever the laptop stays, you’ll get a WiFi boost point. You don’t need a dedicated power outlet for that thanks to the laptop’s battery.
- You benefit from free upgrades! WiFi extender software apps will get updated, bringing new functionalities and enhancements. These updates are far more frequent than firmware updates for networking equipment. This way, you’ll get the best functionality at any time.
- Lower cost. A WiFi extender app costs only a fraction of what WiFi extenders or routers do.
You might also be interested in...
4 Steps to Extend WiFi Range Outside Your Home
Turn your Windows PC into a WiFi extender and increase your WiFi hotspot range outside:
Step 2: Run Connectify Hotspot. Click the WiFi Repeater Mode button at the top of the interface.
Step 3: Choose the WiFi network you want to extend from the WiFi Network to Repeat dropdown.
Step 4: Finally, click the ‘Start Hotspot’ button and Connectify Hotspot begins acting as a WiFi extender app and boost your WiFi signal instantly.
Connectify Hotspot Helps You Extend WiFI Range Outside and More
Most software apps that ‘help’ you extend your WiFi range outside do it without bridging. This means that clients that join your hotspot don’t get real IP addresses from the network they’re extending. They can get on the Internet through the hotspot, but they’re not really on the network to do any peer-to-peer networking:
- Game consoles will report NAT problems,
- Chromecast apps won’t find your Chromecast,
- your Apple TV won’t show up for your Mac to stream to… the list goes on.
Connectify Hotspot is the most popular virtual router software. It has a solid WiFi booster functionality which helps you extend WiFi range outside. You also get many other functionalities, such as:
- Mobile hotspot functionality: turn your laptop into a WiFi hotspot with the only software app that works on all Windows versions!
- Easily bridge other devices onto your home network with WiFi Bridging Mode: eliminate all game consoles (Nintendo, Playstation, Xbox) and smart TV issues with your home WiFi network!
- Save Money While Traveling: Get all devices online for the price of one when being charged for Internet per device at hotels, on airplanes, etc.
- Share any type of Internet connection with all your devices: share Internet from existing WiFi networks, LAN, DSL, 3G/4G, even tethered smartphones! You can even share VPN connections via WiFi so all your devices are protected.
Still don’t know how to extend WiFi range outside the easy way? Get Connectify Hotspot on your laptop and just put it on the garden table. You will be able to connect all your devices to the Internet.
Share this Post