Set Up Your Amazon Echo to Connect to WiFi, Regardless of the Hotspot
“Alexa – set up a new shopping list!” or “Alexa – weather for tomorrow”. Many of us have gotten used to this, whether at home or when traveling. But sometimes the Amazon Echo won’t connect to WiFi.
This can happen due to various factors, from wireless network restrictions to hardware incompatibilities. So – what can you do then, to connect your Alexa to WiFi?
Connectify has the perfect solution. Find out below how to easily save the day when your Amazon Echo won’t connect to WiFi.
Why Won’t My Amazon Echo Connect to WiFi?
Can’t get your Echo connected to the Internet? Troubleshoot it in 5 steps:
- Investigate the Amazon Echo status using the light ring. Violet or orange lights are related to WiFi issues.
- If the wireless network is secured, double check the WiFi password you set up with your Amazon Echo.
- Restart both your Echo and your wireless router (if possible). You may not be able to do the latter one if connected to a hotel WiFi, for example.
- Move your Amazon Echo closer to the wireless router, as it may be out of optimum range. Try to connect again.
- If available, connect your Echo to the 5 GHz WiFi network instead of the 2.4 GHz one. Usually there are far less devices connected to those and interference is minimal.
Did any of the above work? If it didn’t or you don’t want to waste any time trying those, get Connectify Hotspot on a PC. This way, you’ll fix the Amazon Echo won’t connect to WiFi issue for sure.
How Connectify Hotspot Helps Connect Your Echo to WiFi
The Connectify Hotspot software app allows you to share your Windows laptop’s wifi connection with your other devices. This comes in handy when you’re having issues with your Amazon Echo not connecting to WiFi. It is extremely useful when traveling or connecting to WiFi hotspots that require you to login through a browser.
You can use your Connectify Hotspot as a middleman for the Amazon Echo. The first time you use Echo with your Connectify Hotspot you will have to set it up manually. But, every time after that, all you need to do is open up your laptop and turn on your Connectify Hotspot. Your Amazon Echo will recognize the Connectify connection from its last connection.
The Connectify Hotspot makes your Amazon Echo plug and play, even if you are connecting to a different WiFi network every day.
3 Tips to Fix Amazon Echo and Alexa Setup Issue Quickly
The goal of Connectify Hotspot is to make your life as simple as possible. We know that it doesn’t matter if you’re traveling for business, or with your family, you just want things like your Amazon Echo to work.
Below are three easy steps you only need to take once. Then, you’ll be able to enjoy your Echo device as soon as you connect to a new WiFi network with the help of the Connectify Hotspot virtual router software app.
- Setup your Amazon Echo with your Connectify Hotspot at home. Because you only need to connect your Amazon Echo to your Connectify Hotspot once, you can save time and frustration by setting it up before you ever leave for your trip. The Amazon Echo will remember your Connectify Hotspot SSID and password.
- Use a tablet or phone to adjust the settings on your Amazon Echo. Sometimes when your Echo is connected to your Connectify Hotspot on your laptop, it will not easily let you adjust its settings from the same laptop. The easiest workaround for this is to simply use your phone to adjust the settings.
- Don’t change your SSID or password. Your Amazon Echo is using the SSID and password you set for the Connectify Hotspot to identify your laptop as a valid Internet connection If you make any changes to the SSID or password, you may have to completely set up the Echo device again.
You should never have to spend extra time getting access to the features of your Amazon Echo. Connectify Hotspot makes sure you are able to always stay connected to the Internet on your terms—even with your Echo device in a hotel.
Connectify Hotspot Does Much More than Fix Amazon Echo when It Won’t Connect to WiFi
With most software apps that “help” you share your Internet connection, you may encounter issues related to NAT levels, peering, Chromecast apps won’t find your Chromecast, your Apple TV won’t show up for your Mac to stream to… the list goes on.
Connectify Hotspot is the most popular virtual router software. Apart from helping share the Intenet connection with your Echo device, here’s what you’ll get more from Connectify:
- Boost your WiFi range with WiFi Repeater Mode in your dorm room or office and getting full coverage in your dorm room.
- Save up to 60% of Internet bandwidth by using the built-in universal ad blocker. It even blocks in-app ads!
- Easily bridge other devices onto your home network with WiFi Bridging Mode: eliminate all game consoles (Nintendo, Playstation, Xbox) and smart TV issues with your home WiFi network!
- Save Money While Traveling: Get all devices online for the price of one when being charged for Internet per device at hotels, on airplanes, etc.
- Share any Type of Internet Connection with All your Devices: share Internet from existing WiFi networks, LAN, DSL, 3G/4G, even tethered smartphones! You can even share a VPN connection via WiFi or Ethernet.
Download Connectify Hotspot today for FREE and seamlessly connect Amazon Echo to WiFi. You won’t even have to waste any time with creating an account. See how this powerful app can ease your traveling pains and make sure all your devices stay connected, no matter where you are.