How to Share Wired Internet via Wi-Fi with a Windows Laptop
Want to connect all your devices – computers, mobile phones, tablets, game consoles, etc – to the Internet via your LAN Internet connection (broadband, cable)? Now it’s easier than ever to do this (and much more, for that matter!) and you don’t need any additional hardware, like a wireless router.
All you need is the Connectify Hotspot virtual router app for Windows PCs that turns your laptop into a Wi-Fi hotspot and helps you share your wired Internet connection wirelessly with your other devices.
Turn Your Laptop Into a Wi-Fi Hotspot & Share Your LAN Connection
To share a wired Internet connection with all your devices, you have to upgrade to Connectify Hotspot PRO or Connectify Hotspot MAX. You will be able to share your Windows computer’s LAN Internet connection with any WiFi-enabled device. You don’t need any technical skills. You can share your connection with the click of a button. You don’t need any extra equipment or cords.
All versions of Connectify Hotspot allow you to set up a secure connection by giving you the power to name your hotspot name or SSID (you can even include emojis) and create your own password using standard protocols. Your laptop or PC becomes a wifi hotspot.
5 Steps to Share a LAN Connection Over Wi-Fi, No Router
Here are five easy steps to share your wired Internet connection with other computers, smartphones, PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo and other Wi-Fi enabled devices:
- Have your PC connected to LAN Internet via Ethernet.
- Get Connectify Hotspot PRO or MAX on your Windows PC or laptop
- Run the Connectify Hotspot app and select the LAN network adapter as the ‘Internet to Share’. You can also share other type of Internet connections with Connectify Hotspot: Wi-Fi, 4G, VPN virtual adapters (to keep all your devices protected), etc.
- Give your Hotspot a Name (SSID) and Password. Add emojis and special characters to your hotspot name to make it more personal! Make sure you have the ad blocker option selected, to save bandwidth, money and battery life.
- Press the ‘Start Hotspot’ button to share your wired Internet connection. Wi-Fi enabled devices such as PCs, laptops, tablets, smartphones, and game consoles can now be connected through wireless to your PC.
Connectify Hotspot Does More Than Just Share Your LAN Internet Connection Over Wi-Fi
Along the main functionality of sharing any type of Internet connection via Wi-Fi or Ethernet, Connectify Hotspot comes packed with other cool features:
- Boost Your Range Instantly with Wi-Fi Repeater Mode: Easily extend the range of your existing Wi-Fi network!
- Save Money While Traveling: Stuck at a hotel that charges for Internet per-device? With Connectify Hotspot, join the Wi-Fi, start a hotspot, and get all of your devices online for the price of one. You can also save precious time when traveling with your Chromecast setup procedure – Connectify Hotspot gets it all done within seconds!
- Save Time, Internet Bandwidth and Battery Life for your devices by turning your Windows laptop or PC into a whole house ad blocker. The ad blocking is universal – also works with in-app ads and is a viable solution to block iPhone app ads.
- Connectify Hotspot is also fully compatible with all gaming consoles: PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo, etc. It solves all issues related to connecting to the Internet or the home network via its unique Gaming Mode feature.
Share your LAN Internet connection with all your devices! Get started with Connectify Hotspot today – 70% Off PRO and MAX versions!
Share this Post