August 22nd, 2011 by sackerman under Release Notes
- Automatic Internet Selection: Connectify intelligently chooses which Internet connection to share! When set to “Automatic,” Connectify automatically detects your active Internet connection and makes necessary configuration changes to your hotspot.
- Support for Windows XP and Windows Vista (Ad-Hoc Mode only)!
- Service Discovery: In the all-new Services tab, Connectify will automatically scan your network for available shared folders or drives, web servers, and other remote services and provide you with options to easily connect. Now the services are also listed next to each client (in the blue oval) on the clients tab.
- Simple Client-by-Client Firewall Controls allow user to control which clients can get to Internet and which can access local computers only.
- Support for PPIP and Qualcomm Gobi cards: Connectify Pro now supports sharing Internet from Qualcomm Gobi-based 3G/4G cards.
- No Advertising
New Features in both Free and Pro versions of Connectify v3.0:
- Faster performance: 30% higher throughput when sharing fast Internet connections.
- Improved Device Identification: Improved detection of XBox 360s and certain Motorola devices.
- Completely new UPnP implementation: Improved performance, no spurious warnings. Fully-tested with Xbox 360 (PlayStation 3 sees Connectify as Type 3 NAT. This issue is expected to be resolved in an upcoming Beta).
- All new tabbed User Interface
- Intelligent warnings when hotspot starts without Internet Connection (New in this Beta)
- Resizable User Interface: grab the top or bottom and resize UI to preferred height. (New in this Beta)
- New, clearer Status Area across top of UI (New in this Beta)
- Easily access the Connectify Menu by clicking on logo next to the Start / Stop button (New in this Beta)
Fixes and Updates:
- Service startup on boot
- Support for multi-monitor setups where the taskbar is not on the primary monitor.
- Fixes to UPnP and fragmented packet handling to improve gaming and streaming video over Connectify. (New in this Beta)
- New algorithm for choosing IP address of hotspot improves compatibility with iOS devices. (New in this Beta)
- Uninstaller now requests error report.
- New ‘About’ screen thanks all open-source projects utilized by Connectify.
- Microsoft has been working with us regarding the Blue Screen of Death issues that certain computers experience when hibernating. Based on what we learned, we have reworked how Connectify interacts with the Windows power management system entirely. With this new power management code, no Connectify user (with up to date Service Packs) should ever see the BSoD again!