October 3rd, 2011 by sackerman under Beta Release
, Release Notes
October is here, and the 10th month means more to us than just pull over sweaters and switching our coffees from iced to hot!
On our first day back in the office since September (we hardly knew ye), we are pleased to announce the latest Connectify Release Candidate v.3.1. With easy-to-use firewall controls for Pro users, an updated Help Menu and Troubleshooter, an improved installer (and more!), Connectify RC v.3.1. is an essential tool for your connectivity needs!
Click here to try out Connectify Release Candidate 3.1!
- Easy firewall control for Pro users: Once you start your hotspot, there are two simple checkboxes to control whether you allow the clients Internet Access and whether you allow them Local Access. Local Access controls whether they can connect to each other, and your computer.
- Detect Wi-Fi Off: Connectify now detects and warns you if the wireless has been switched off (airplane mode) on your computer.
- Input Validation: Connectify now validates your inputs as you type. This really simplifies dealing with confusing fields such as WEP passwords which may only be exactly 5, 10 or 26 characters. If finding a valid password frustrated you, you’re not alone, think you’ll find this release much friendlier.
- Conflict Detection, Part 1: It has become clear that most of the “bugs” that users have reported on Connectify 3.0 are actually other badly behaving software interfering with the operation of Connectify. For the two most egregious offenders, SonicWALL VPN and Comodo Firewall, Connectify now refuses to even install while they are on your system.
- Conflict Detection, Part 2: When you Submit Error Report, more information about firewalls and antivirus are sent back to Connectify support. We hope that this will allow us to debug other conflicts much faster.
- Help Menu: We tried to make the items in the Help menu clearer about what they do. We also put the items from the Help menu right in to Connectify folder on the Start Menu to make them easier to reach should you have an issue.
- Improved Troubleshooter: The Troubleshooter has been improved, it no longer tells you about the many things that are working fine, and just focuses on the problems. It also gives better descriptions and links into our online support system.
- More Icons: Updated vendor database with more companies and icons for Clients
- Improved Installer: Many small improvements to the installer. Should lead to less reboots; also Connectify and the installer refuse to continue if a reboot was required, until such time as you reboot.
- Data in ProgramData: The Connectify Service now stores its data and logs in the system’s ProgramData folder (usually c:ProgramDataConnectify), instead of the folder in Program Files.
- Bug fixes and more logging