July 11th, 2012 by sackerman under Release Notes
INTRODUCING Connectify v3.5.1!
The Connectify team is continually working to make sure that your experience with our software is pleasant and error-free. That’s why today, right on the heels of our major new release (version 3.5), we’re offering a software update, Connectify v3.5.1. This latest Connectify release contains improvements and an important bug fix to our connectivity software.
After downloading Connectify 3.5, a small percentage of users experienced problems sharing their 3G/4G mobile devices or VPNs through Connectify. With this updated release, Connectify v3.5.1, users should now be able to share their 3G/4G/VPN without issue.
As always, using the latest version of Connectify offers users the most feature-rich and stable user experience possible.
LITE users, click here to download Connectify Hotspot v3.5.1!
PRO users, click here to upgrade to Connectify Hotspot v3.5.1!
Connectify v126.96.36.19987 Release Notes:
Bug Fixes in Connectify v3.5.1:
- Fix for sharing 3G/4G/VPN/Dialup connections broken in 3.5
- Fix for accessing local network content over Microsoft VPN
New Features as of v3.5:
- New Power Management Software to Fix Hosted Network Errors: Based on our work with Microsoft, it appears that we have found and worked around the underlying Windows bugs that cause the dreaded “Hosted Network” error messages when a computer comes out of sleep or hibernation. This release includes a significant rework of Connectify Hotspot’s handling of power management in order to avoid such issues.
- Enhanced Local Access Firewall Controls: We moved the handling of the Connectify Firewall Settings into our driver in the Windows kernel. This means that this traffic is now handled much faster, with less CPU usage.
- Recognize More AntiVirus: Connectify’s Troubleshooter now recognizes Avast, Avira, and VIPRE security software packages, and points users to support articles on how to properly configure them, in case of technical issues.