November 30th, 2011 by sackerman under Release Notes
Introducing Connectify 3.2! Whether you’re a new user or a dedicated PRO, the newest version of Connectify includes improvements and updates that will guarantee an enhanced experience for each one of our users. Connectify 3.2 users will gain access to our brand new Connectify Support Center, complete with an updated Help menu and Knowledge Base. Upgrade to PRO and use Connectify as a wired Ethernet Router to get Ethernet-based devices onto Wi-Fi or 3G networks. Now you can dust off that old Xbox 360, and get it onto your home or school Wi-Fi network! PRO users can also share iTunes through connected computers with integrated Apple Bonjour Support. All users will also be able to enjoy extensive interface improvements and bug-fixes, making Connectify 3.2 the most feature-rich and stable release to-date!
Get introduced early by heading over to our Facebook page. “LIKE” us and immediately receive the exclusive download link before it is released to the public!
Connectify v3.2 is now officially available via the Connectify website!
Download Connectify v3.2 today!
Connectify 126.96.36.19974 Release Notes
- New Pro Features:
- Share over Ethernet: Connectify can now act as a wired Ethernet router. In the ‘Advanced Settings’, select ‘Share Over’, and then select your Ethernet card. In this mode, you can use your Connectify-enabled PC to get Ethernet-based devices onto Wi-Fi or 3G/4G networks.
- Services under Clients: In the ‘Clients’ tab, you can click to expand Clients, showing the services (web servers, shared drives, etc.) right in the ‘Clients’ tab. This makes sharing and working together much easier.
- Apple Bonjour Support: Pro versions of Connectify will now detect many Bonjour / Rendezvous / mDNS services running on connected clients. Automatically detect iTunes and other compatible application shares on connected computers, and click to launch.
- New Connectify Support Center: The many utilities in the ‘Help’ menu have been merged into the Connectify Support Center. This powerful tool helps you troubleshoot any issues, and searches the updated Knowledge Base for related articles (also available online at http://support.connectify.me/forums). If you still can’t find your answer after that, Connectify Pro users can open a support ticket for a quick response, and free users can submit their logs, and while response times are not guaranteed, we appreciate you taking the time to suggest improvements and telling us about issues so we make improvements in future releases.
- User Interface Improvements:
- ‘Getting Started’ screen, shows users what to enter to get up-and-running quickly.
- Some of the labels have been changed for clarification. For example “Wi-Fi” is now “Share Over”
- The ‘History’ tab has been merged with the ‘Clients’ tab
- Names of ‘Internet’ and ‘Share Over’ network adapters has been expanded. We now use the full name for network adapters in the user interface. This should be more informative than the abbreviated “Local Area Network 2” type names that we used in previous releases.
- Bug Fixes: We’ve continued to work with Microsoft to work around various problems with Windows coming out of hibernation / sleep. We’ve tested hundreds of combinations of phones, tablets, laptops and applications for compatibility with Connectify.