May 8th, 2012 by sackerman under News & Announcements
, Release Notes
Your favorite hotspot software, upgraded. Connectify 3.4 uses significantly less processing in peer-to-peer applications, giving you 20% more speed than previous versions.With enhanced support for streaming video, peer-to-peer, and gaming, many applications work noticeably better with our newest release and many additional mobile broadband cards and wireless carrier configurations are also now supported. This release will allow you to turn off Fling File Transfers, as well as Network Peer Scanning at your discretion. Speaking of upgrades, Connectify 3.4 now supports Windows 8.
As always, enhanced PRO support is given to users running the most current version of Connectify. Download today to ensure you receive our superior PRO support services!
LITE users, click here to download Connectify v3.4!
PRO users, click here to upgrade to Connectify v3.4!
Conenctify 126.96.36.19978 Release Notes:
- Faster: Connectify is now faster (20% faster on client-to-client, and client-to-host networking) and uses significantly less CPU than previous versions.
- Better support for streaming video, peer-to-peer, and gaming: The software for UPnP, MTU, and client-to-client communications have all been reworked for speed and reliability. Some examples of applications that now work noticeably better from clients include the XBox 360’s Zune Marketplace and uTorrent.
- Better support for 3G/4G cards: A number of additional mobile broadband cards and wireless carrier configurations are now supported. Certain 3G/4G cards that were misidentified as Ethernet cards are now correctly recognized as mobile broadband cards.
- Options to turn off Fling File Transfers and Network Peer Scanning: Some people requested the ability to turn off the Fling Wi-Fi File Transfer functionality, and we have complied. Turning off Network Peer Scanning will make Connectify no longer detect web servers and shared drives on other computers, but will also prevent it from issuing ARP packets onto the network. Both options can be found in the Connectify Menu under Advanced Settings.
- Windows 8 Support (Beta): Connectify now works on Windows 8. This is beta level support, please tell us how it works for you.