October 10th, 2011 by rhaldar under Release Notes
Connectify v3.1 is officially here! With this latest version of Connectify, we’ve made several improvements that will ensure an increasingly smooth user experience. Connectify Pro v3.1 users will enjoy easy-to-use firewall controls that let you decide which connected computers and devices can access your local area network, and which can access the Internet only. All Connectify 3.1 users will benefit from intelligent software conflict detection, an improved troubleshooter, and other bug-fixes that make this version of Connectify the most error-resistant, and feature-rich to-date.
Download Connectify v3.1 today!
Connectify v220.127.116.1102 Release Notes:
- Easy firewall control for Pro users: Once you start your hotspot, there are two simple checkboxes to control whether you allow the clients Internet Access and whether you allow them Local Access. Local Access controls whether they can connect to each other, and your computer.
- Detect Wi-Fi Off: Connectify now detects and warns you if the wireless has been switched off (airplane mode) on your computer.
- Input Validation: Connectify now validates your inputs as you type. This really simplifies dealing with confusing fields such as WEP passwords which may only be exactly 5, 10 or 26 characters. If finding a valid password frustrated you, you’re not alone, think you’ll find this release much friendlier.
- Conflict Detection, Part 1: It has become clear that most of the “bugs” that users have reported on Connectify 3.0 are actually other badly behaving software interfering with the operation of Connectify. For the two most egregious offenders, SonicWALL VPN and Comodo Firewall, Connectify now refuses to even install while they are on your system.
- Conflict Detection, Part 2: When you Submit Error Report, more information about firewalls and antivirus are sent back to Connectify support. We hope that this will allow us to debug other conflicts much faster.
- Help Menu: We tried to make the items in the Help menu clearer about what they do. We also put the items from the Help menu right in to Connectify folder on the Start Menu to make them easier to reach should you have an issue.
- Improved Troubleshooter: The Troubleshooter has been improved, it no longer tells you about the many things that are working fine, and just focuses on the problems. It also gives better descriptions and links into our online support system.
- More Icons: Updated vendor database with more companies and icons for Clients
- Improved Installer: Many small improvements to the installer. Should lead to less reboots; also Connectify and the installer refuse to continue if a reboot was required, until such time as you reboot.
- Data in ProgramData: The Connectify Service now stores its data and logs in the system’s ProgramData folder (usually c:ProgramDataConnectify), instead of the folder in Program Files.
- Bug fixes and more logging