Connectify 5 has arrived! This software package includes everything you need to run both Connectify Hotspot and Dispatch. Connectify 5 is a major new release of both Hotspot and Dispatch. This release includes an overhaul to the underlying drivers for both applications, so all users should update immediately to enjoy increased stability and performance. In addition, dynamic quickstart guides have been added to Hotspot and Dispatch to help users get up-and-running in a matter of seconds. The software activation process has also been improved for security and ease-of-use. Now, all premium users can validate their software using just their Connectify account email login and password.
Simplified Activation: Activating Connectify and getting support just got easier. Instead of fumbling with long license keys, now there is a simple one-time sign in with your email and password to activate the software. After activation, you can always sign in to your web-based Connectify Account to:
- Change or add email addresses associated with your software: Sign in to change or add emails to your Connectify account in just a few clicks. Prior to this release, users were unable to change this email, which is used for licensing and support after purchase.
- Check the status of your tickets with Connectify Support: Now you can take advantage of premium support right from your Connectify profile page. Sign in to your account to open, close, or check the status of existing support tickets.
- Manage your software licenses: See when your Connectify products expire. If you have multiple product licenses, you can even login to your profile to tell the Connectify software which license you’d like to use at any given time.
If you’re a Dispatch user, just sign in with the email/password combination you received at purchase. If you’re a Hotspot PRO user, the software will prompt you to set a new password when you install Connectify 5. Hotspot Lite users will be able to select that they want to continue using Lite to avoid the login altogether.
Connectify Hotspot: For Hotspot users this is a major new release, bringing a new driver, and many performance improvements:
- New Driver: A new driver is installed which provides increased stability and works better with Windows 8.
- New Tutorial: The new tutorial walks you through setting up your Hotspot for the first time. The tutorial walkthrough can be launched anytime from the Connectify Help menu.
- New Online Profile: Hotspot PRO users now have access to their web-based Connectify account profile. The profile lets users manage their Connectify product licenses and login information, easily submit and track support tickets, and provides one click access to tutorials and FAQ.
- Bug Fixes: Too many to list. This release represents nearly 6 months of effort to improve performance and solve customer issues. The work on Connectify Dispatch lead to a major overhaul of the underlying networking engine of Hotspot. Users will see more reliable, faster Internet, that works with more broadband cards and carrier networks worldwide.
- Update: Connectify 5 runs on Windows 7 and Windows 8. Users running XP and Vista can continue to use Connectify Hotspot v3.7.1
- Update: Connectify uses the .NET 4.5 Framework. The installer will prompt Windows 7 users to install .NET 4.5 if it is not already installed.
- Feature: The Connectify Troubleshooter now allows the user to specify whether they are trying to troubleshoot Hotspot or Dispatch.
- Feature: Support tickets are now accessible from one easy location on the Connectify site.
- Feature: Hotspot will automatically choose the recommended “Internet to Share” device if the user has not previously selected a device to use.
- Feature: Wireless devices in the “Internet to Share” list display the wireless SSID in addition to the adapter name.
- New Tutorial: The new tutorial walks you through setting up Connectify Dispatch for the first time. You can always start the walkthrough by right-clicking the Dispatch tray icon and selecting ‘In-App Tutorial.’
- Feature: Dispatch now keeps secure traffic together. In order to address issues with certain bank websites not working properly with Dispatch, HTTPS / SSL sockets to any given host are now kept together on the same Internet connections. This is an option in Settings > Advanced, which can be turned off if you prefer the old behavior of spreading out HTTPS traffic.
- Feature: Connectify Dispatch can now automatically start when you have multiple Internet connections and stop when you have only one. This is an option in Settings > Advanced.
- Feature: Individual applications can be configured to be ignored by Dispatch, use pure round-robining, or be firewalled from accessing the Internet.
- Feature: The Dispatch windows remember their size and locations.
- Feature: Hovering over an adapter in the Active Adapters list highlights the associated area on the graph making it easier to see the traffic for individual adapters.
- Update: The descriptions and layout in the ‘Settings’ window have been improved.
Improvements since Connectify 5 Beta
- Update: The Connectify Support Center and Troubleshooter have been redesigned for better navigation and ease-of-use.
- Bug Fix: Fix for Connectify Dispatch Dashboard UI suddenly going blank for a small set of users.
Share this Post