We’re thrilled to announce the release of Connectify 9. This release includes a brand new user interface that makes starting your hotspot even easier. Hotspot 9 also offers stability and performance upgrades for the fastest and most reliable Hotspot experience yet. This new version allows sharing of many more devices and software applications, including Cisco AnyConnect VPN, Yes Go 4G USB modem, Vodafone Huawei USB modems, and more. Connectify 9 includes a new driver, and may require up to 2 reboots to update your system.
Here’s what’s new in Connectify 9:
- New Driver / Improved Compatibility – We did a lot of work to debug problems caused by other drivers on your system doing a variety of bad things. The end result is great; we have fixed compatibility with Cisco AnyConnect VPN, Yes Go 4G USB modem, Vodafone and Huawei USB modems, as well as many others.
- Fixed a fragmented packet handling issue – Resolved issue with the Spotflux VPN on iOS clients. It’s likely that this fix may resolve issues with other devices and applications as well.
- New ‘Settings’ Tab – In Settings we’ve pulled choice of Wireless (create a WiFi hotspot, the default) vs Wired (turn your computer into a wired Ethernet router) to the very top. This makes things much clearer, as once you make that choice, all the settings that don’t apply to you disappear.
- Static IP Addresses – You can now assign a static IP Address to a client to ensure that it always gets the same IP address, every time it connects. On the ‘Clients’ tab, right-click on the computer icon, and select “Set Static IP Address”
- New Startup Option – Automatically run a hotspot or always Dispatch your Internet connections anytime you turn your computer on, with the new “Always Resume” option in Settings > Startup Options.
License screen (under Activate Software) displays how many machines a license is good for.
If you have an older version of Connectify Hotspot already installed, it is possible that the upgrade may make you reboot twice. Sorry about that, but trust us… this is worth it.
Share this Post