It’s hard to believe, but the world’s most popular Wi-Fi hotspot sharing tool turns 7 years old on October 27th, 2016! We at Connectify are thrilled, especially since most of us were here at the launch of the first beta version back in 2009.
As with any anniversary, we look back at the major milestones in the evolution of Connectify Hotspot – here are the top 7 ones:
- Oct 27, 2009 – Connectify v1.0 is launched. At that time, the team consisted of just 8 people – development engineers, designers, management. Here’s our first demo video from February 2010, explaining Connectify.
- January, 2010 – Connectify gets its 1,000,000th user
- December, 2012 – after a very successful campaign on KickStarter, Connectify launches Dispatch, a software app bundled with Connectify Hotspot at that time, that allowed using multiple Internet connections simultaneously. This is the precursor of today’s Speedify.
- January, 2013 – Connectify launches new website platform and blog.
- August, 2014 – Connectify.com domain finally belongs to us thanks to Cisco.
- October 2014 – Connectfy Hotspot PRO for Business is launched, addressing the B2B market.
- April, 2015 – Connectify launches affiliate program for Hotspot; back then, the commission was only 35% compared to today’s 50% per sale.
But wait – this is not over yet! Every birthday has a surprise – this is ours to you! For a limited time only save 70% on all PRO & MAX Licenses!
But that’s not all! As of October 1st, if you purchased the 2016 Version of Connectify Hotspot, you’ll receive complimentary access to Connectify Hotspot MAX 2017 for free, when it rolls out at the end of the year!
Thank you for making all this possible and being part of our continued success!
Share this Post